FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Kindly requesting Frontlinesms users in Malawi to link up with me for purposes of networking and promoting of Frontlinesms in Malawi in various sectors and how the same can be integrated into conventional ways of utilising mobile technology in the health sector of which I am involved in.

My other interest is towards Malawi's elections next year.

kumbu' kuntiya
SMS your details to +265 (0) 9/8 866 033

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kumbu'

Great to hear from you - welcome to the online community.

The most active, and relevant, project in Malawi/health is 'Mobiles in Malawi' (http://mobilesinmalawi.blogspot.com). Josh Nesbit, who runs the project, can be contacted in the community here (search him out), and there's also a video in the video section.

Best of luck with this, and keep us posted on your progress!

Ken
Thanks Ken - will do as advised
Hi Kumbu'

I have recently returned to Stanford after 9 weeks at St. Gabriel's Hospital in Namitete. I'll be heading back to the hospital in December for my third trip to Malawi.

You can reach me via email (joshuanesbit@gmail.com) anytime. How are you currently involved in healthcare in Malawi? How do you envision FrontlineSMS integrating with your work?

I have been contacted by a number of CHAM hospitals and the DHO re: replicating the SMS-based initiative at St. Gabriel's. Given the extremely low cost (less than a dollar a day) and the quick start-up, there's been a good amount of interest in expanding the program. I would love to talk with you about the future of the program in Malawi. Some exciting things are set to unravel at St. Gabriel's (potential for motorcycle ambulance trailers to link with the SMS network, each CHW receiving individual solar panels, etc.).

I was visited by Baobab Health, operating out of KCH, during the tail-end of my most recent stay. They are looking to add a mobile component to their touchscreen-based ART provision, and are exploring the possibility of using FrontlineSMS.

Hope all is well, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Josh
Thanks for writing back - was awaiting this. Have replied back to your personal account.

Kumbu'

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service