FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation have today announced a major grant in support of kiwanja's ongoing activities. The grant, worth a total of $400,000 over two years, will see the ongoing support and development of FrontlineSMS, the creation of an MMS (multimedia messaging) version of the platform, FrontlineSMS outreach, the creation of a non-profit online text messaging aggregator, and the scaling of the nGOmobile competition

The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation makes grants to address the most serious social and environmental problems facing society, where risk capital, responsibly invested, may make a difference over time. The Foundation places a high value on sustaining and improving institutions that make positive contributions to society

The grant also represents the official launch of The kiwanja Foundation, a US 501c3 non-profit organisation founded last year with the support of Perkins Coie. The kiwanja Foundation will act as a wider fundraising mechanism for kiwanja's work and, in the future, aims to become a source of seed funding for innovative "social mobile" projects
The Hewlett grant announced today follows previous grants from the MacArthur Foundation and the Open Society Institute

You can follow all the latest project news and updates via Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/frontlinesms) and/or the FrontlineSMS Supporters Group on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/causes/30238)

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations. I heard through the grapevine in Mass. that you just received this grant. Superb! I will you much success!
Thanks, Mark! Appreciate the kind comments. =)

Hopefully with you - the users - we can make FrontlineSMS better and more useful.

Keep in touch!

Ken
Congratulations!
Hey Woody!

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the support here, and for your help answering questions on the Forum from other users. It's great to see.

Hope you're getting on okay with FrontlineSMS - remember to keep us posted on your progress. =)

Take care.

Ken
FrontlineSMS is working very well. I am using it mostly as platform to send SMS.

I used it extensively to send election updates to Congo on November 4.

One thing I would like to see incorporated in a later addition is the ability to resend a SMS to someone else.
Another thing, I would like to see the ability to schedule sending SMS to take advantage of time zone differences.
Thanks, Woody. We're building a list of enhancements and can add those in...

So, what did you do in the Congo, exactly? Would you be interested in writing something up for me so I could use it in a Blog post? We're always looking for interesting stories like this to share with users (and potential users).

If you can send me a couple of paragraphs or so, and a photo or two (if you have any!) that would be fantastic. Hope you can help!

Cheers, Woody

Ken
ken.banks (at) kiwanja.net
congrats..........................

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service