FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

HI i tried connecting to frontlineSMS using Huawei Modem but couldnt go through.Any one with ideas?

Views: 681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jeff,

From looking at your logs, I'm mostly seeing reports that the ports are already in use.  Have you got any other software running which might be accessing your modem?

Alex

Yes, I see that Frontline thinks all my ports are in use. But I have shut down all applications, and have no devices plugged in. I have also disabled bluetooth. So how do I figure out what is using these ports? (I don't really know how these ports operate) Email off, Skype off, etc.

Thanks for helping.

Hi Jeff

I'll leave Alex, our developer to respond to this.

If you have access to a Windows computer then this problem is easily resolved. Fortunately the majority of FrontlineSMS users have Windows machines, which are much quicker and easier to get running. I've been using a Mac for about 15 months and still don't really understand as much about configuring it as I do with years of working with that rival operating system.

If you have access to a Windows machine, then I'd try and use that if at all possible. In the meantime, we're going to add some text to the download screen to alert Mac and Linux users that there may be additional challenges in getting their devices to work.

Thanks for your patience.

Ken

Hi Jeff,

The ports are likely being used by other SMS software, or GPRS/3G internet software which came with your device.  Have a look in your processes list and see if there is anything likely there, and make sure that you don't have a second instance of FrontlineSMS running in the background.

Alex

Alex

Thanks. Let's see. Definitely only one Frontline SMS instance. Also, I made sure to quit the "Mobile Connect" app that opened automatically when I connected the modem. I also made sure that no Safaricom app was running in the background as I read that could be a problem elsewhere in this forum. I will explore my Network settings in "System Preferences" and see if I can find out more about this problem. I will also turn off "file sharing" and see if that is affecting the ports.

Thanks again!

Hi Jeff,

Technically the ports are Serial ports (emulated over USB), so anything that might access serial ports could be causing the problem.

Good luck!

Alex

Hi Jeff

Just wondering if you've managed to resolve this yet?

Thanks.

Ken

I have this same problem and can't resolve it. 

I've attached my log if that's any help.

I have this same problem and can't resolve it. 

I've attached my log if that's any help.

Attachments:

Hi Dan,

From your logs it looks like there is another application which is accessing your modem and preventing FrontlineSMS from using it.

Can you check what other applications you have running which might be doing this and try quitting them all and restarting FrontlineSMS?

Alex

Hey Alex,

Pretty much all applications and even "hidden" process were stopped. But no change. It's also odd, FS does even list my modem as a "Non-working Device". And when I first start-up it gives me the error message very extremely quickly. I always click to auto scan again, but nothing. Any other ideas?

From my log, can you see what application caused conflict?

Hi Alex,

What specifically in the logs points to another application accessing the modem? I've scanned the logs but didn't see anything. This may help me in the future, as this issue seems fairly common. Thanks.

Tom

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service