FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hello friends,
I am trying to learn about frontline sms external commands feature.
We want to use it to automatically export the sms database table to a csv file.
I also want to know if there is an additional manual that has examples of using this feature. We are in the requirements building stage of our project and are trying to understanding the potential of this feature.

Tags: automation, commands, external

Views: 1982

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it does!
thanks a lot.
Hi Kadu,
I am happy to tell you that External command, FrontlineSMS command option works great with php url also. we can get inputs from frontline, display text on webpage, and generate xml code on the fly which frontline correctly sends sms's to.

Great Design!

Now we will be able to connect our teachers in villages directly to our webpages through their sms's, that can then be seen worldwide immediately.

And whats more, we can also use webpage response to send sms to anybody through frontline,
The sms sent by xml code is atleast 50% faster than the sms sent by the autoreply feature, if not more.
Hi Gayatri

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress here! Great to hear.

Would you be interested in sending me some information on what you'll be doing with FrontlineSMS - the project(s), what the software allows you to do, the impact it's having, etc? I'm beginning to build case studies for regular blog posts on the subject. A couple of photos are also very useful.

If you can help, let me know! Feel free to email me about it if you like.

Thanks!

Ken
Hi Ken,
Sorry for the delay - I was swamped with work, and couldnt get back to you.
Yes we would be very happy to give you information on how we plan to use frontline. We have just made a very first small release to get sms's from all over the state for data analysis, and collecting news in 1 place.
But we will know the impact only in the coming few months. So I will get back to you with full information in 1 month or so, when we start using it more and more.
Hola Carlos,
I am using the example to query a phone database.
The browser gives me what I want:
http://myserver/test/script.php?fullname=first%20last
result:
First Last: Tel: 222-222 Celular: 09-099-099

in frontlinesms I am using or would like to use somthing like:
http://myserver/test/script.php?fullname=${keyword}-${message_content}
as the sms contains the keyword and the message content, I would like to remove the keyword and just send the message content "first last" to the system, but it does not work

how could I strip of the keyword?
thanks
chimbo
Hi Chimbo,

Unfortunately this is an issue in frontlinesms. It is not possible to remove the keyword from the message content for external command.
A workaround needs to be done on your server, to remove the keyword there.

Sorry for that.
Hi Chimbo,

It would be good to strip the keyword, I think. I will make Carlos fix this in the next release!

Best,

Alex
well we got the solution with the php explode command, so far it is working, but we still have issues that the data from the database does not get back to frontlinesms. We get everything we write in the script but no data from the db.
In the browser windows it shows up right.
hope to get it solved so that we can query databases for phonenumbers.
Anyway, if you solve the issue on your end with the option to have the keyword removed before it does the http get command, that would be wonderful.
chimbo
Frist, I want to apologize, if I bother you guys to much. So please ignore the message if my questions are to stupid.

I have the external command set:
http://10.129.xxx.xx/home.xxxx.xxx/test/script2.php?fullname=${keyword}&${message_content}
this seems to work, as the keyword "PHONELIST" is processed and I get a SMS response.

The script2.php looks like this:

$server="10.129.xxx.xx";
$user="user";
$pass="password";
$db="dbname";
$fullname=$_GET['fullname'];
$fullname=explode("PHONELIST ",$fullname);
//echo "->" . $fullname[1] . "->";
mysql_connect("$server","$user","$pass");
mysql_select_db("$db") or die('no se puede conectar a la base.');
$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM swcontacts WHERE fullname='$fullname[1]'");
While ($result=mysql_fetch_array($query,MYSQL_ASSOC))
{
$msg= htmlspecialchars($msg." ".$result['fullname']." ".$result['businesstelephonenumber']." ".$result['mobiletelephonenumber']." ");
}
ECHO "TESTMESSAGE" . $msg;

In a browser, in this case Firefox, I get the Testmessage, Name, Last Name and Phone Numbers (see attached file). However, I only get "TEXTMESSAGE" in my SMS without the Name and the Phone Numbers I am trying to query.
Why do I only get part of the content? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Chimbo from Ecuador
Attachments:
hi... its mahantesh here i got project on FSMS. can u plz tell me how actually v use external commands.

Hi there Mahantesh,

Thanks for posting. Just to let you know that our lead software developer is the best person to help with this question and he is away at the moment, so there may be a slight delay in getting back to you. We have let him know about your post though, and he will respond asap.

Best Wishes,

Florence

can u plz tell me how can to link my database to FSMS................

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service