FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

I have project to support farmers in Kenya that needs 2-way SMS messaging.  Since twitter supports SMS, I have process that reads and matches 140 twitter messages based on location and privacy settings.  I essentially do this by maintaining a large MySQL table..

I have a very important project to help promote farming in Kenya that would allow as follows.

I would like to speak with you about providing my software that processes real-time messaging as part or separate install with FrontLineSMS.

As this project could literally help people feed themselves is there anyway I could get some code to see if I could get it to work.

I have developed distributed applications for over 20 years and am familiar with selling/supporting installable software.

Please let me know if this sounds like something that we could work together on.

--
Email: help@hungrygarden.com
Blog: http://hungrygarden.typepad.com
Twitter: @hungrygarden
Phone:540.338.3584

Tags: 2-way, Africa, Messaging, Mobile, Near-Time, Processing, SMS

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've just spotted this - did we respond/did you get an answer?

Ken
No I never received a reply. Thanks
Hi Hungry!

Sorry about the delay in responding to this. It slipped quickly off the home screen and got totally missed.

We're always very interested in adding new modules to FrontlineSMS which meet specific needs. As you know, the core \o/ platform is a general communications tool, but people are now beginning to add specific new 'tabs' to the software - FrontlineSMS:Medic for health, FrontlineSMS:Credit for microfinance, Ushahidi for mapping, and so on.

We have a very small developer team (right now it stands at one), although we are looking to recruit another person in the next few weeks. The new Beta version of FrontlineSMS, which will be released as soon as testing is complete, makes it much easier for people to add new modules. I'd have to get Alex, our developer, to speak to you about this. We will be working on the Wiki and Developer Resources sections of the website to help people looking to do what you are, but they're not ready yet (so much to do!).

What are your timeframes on this? I certainly think it would be very interesting to see what you've developed, and to see how it might integrate into the \o/ platform for wider use. We're totally open to talking about this, and collaborating if it makes sense.

Thanks.

Ken

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service