FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hi everybody!

Today I have upgraded frontlinesms2 from 2.6.0 to 2.6.5. Everything is fine except UTF-8 encoding in SMS text is broken. It seems like frontlinesms 2.6.5 converts cyrillic symbols into something else (for example, cyrillic text "тест" was translated to "тест").

I tried it on three separated hosts (notebooks):

Windows 7 (x64 )
Windows 7 (x32)
Windows 10 (x32)

The situation is completely the same.

I wanted to test it with other frontlinesms2 versions (2.6.1, 2.6.3), but can't get it nowhere,

Any ideas?

At least where can I get installer for my previous frontlinesms2 2.6.0, because it is obviously I deleted it too early?

Thanks in advance for advice!

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Oleh,

This is something that we have been made aware of and are working to resolve.  Our next Desktop release will have a fix for this.  This is of course something we take very seriously as one of the core features of Frontline is the support of any and all language and character set.

I am sorry for the disruption that this bug may have caused.  If waiting for the next version will impede your project then please get in touch with us directly at support@frontlinesms.com and we can help with access to older versions of the app.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the info.

I would like to add the next information:
I also tried FrontLineSMS versions 2.6.1, 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 (desktop versions) - there were problems with cyrillic there as well as in 2.6.5.

So, I had to return to version 2.6.0 (the biggest problem was to find it in Internet cache, because I deleted all my old versions after installation of 2.6.5 :)).

Hi Oleh,

Thank you for the information above.  As a note we have since found that this is a Desktop only bug in the code and is not found in our FrontlineCloud app.  i.e. you can use https://cloud.frontlinesms.com for your projects and you should find that cyrillic is fully supported.  Let me know how that goes if you try; there's a free tier to test it out.

Alex

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service