FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

A new version of FrontlineSMS is now available for download from our website. FrontlineSMS Version 2 is built upon extensive input and feedback from our users around the world and is a significant step forward – easier and more intuitive to use, more versatile, and capable of being more easily extended with new functionality. You can now find out more about Version 2 functionality and download this new version on our website.

If you have any feedback on this new version please share it here on the forum, by starting a new forum thread with any specific suggestions or bug reports you would like to share with our team.

We will also continue to support the Version 1 of our software for the foreseeable future, and you can find out more about the transition from Version 1 and Version 2 on our website.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions on any of this. We really look forward to hearing further feedback on Version 2! \o/

Tags: 2, FrontlineSMS, Version, new, release

Views: 1434

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

When you retry a failed message and it is successfully sent, it is no longer displayed in the pending messages section but moves to sent. You should therefore be able to see a successfully sent message in the sent messages section.

Failed messages remain in the pending messages section and have an amber icon next to the message

Perhaps what you are saying is true to just 1 failed message.

I was trying to send messages by group of 20 (To: 20 recipients (8 failed). So I retry but I have no way of knowing whether the retry is successful as the message I am sending to 20 recipients is at the Pending messages section as well as at the Sent Section

Please refer to attached screenshots

Attachments:

I now understand your question.
When you look at the right hand column where you have the text: 20 recipients(8 failed). You can click on 20 recipients and you will see a popup with a list of your contacts together with the status of the message (sent or failed)
We apologize that this does not look clickable at the moment and we'll work on improving the interface for that.

Thank you for the guide, Joy. However, my problem is getting worst as now I cannot even launch FrontlineSMS 2.0.3 anymore.

I am having an http error: 503. please refer to attached screenshot.

Attachments:

I have uninstalled/re-installed FrontlineSMS 2.0.3 a couple of times, and I also did a Windows7 Systems Restore a couple of times but I still encounter the same problem http error: 503

I hope you can assist me in solving this problem as I am still in test mode and I wish that everything is running well when I present it to our coop's board of directors for use officially.

I searched the forum for similar error message and I found this:

http://frontlinesms.ning.com/forum/topics/http-error-503

What I did was to go to C:\Users\{your_username} directory, and delete all the .frontlinesms2 folders (including backups).

I then uninstall and re-install FrontlineSMS 2.0.3 and voila it is working again!

However, I lose everything (Contacts and Messages)

Now I am having a hard time connecting Huawei E220 Data Card with FrontlineSMS 2.0.3

I encounter this error message: Failed to create route on Auto-configured huawei E220 on port COM6": connection.error.org.apache.camel.runtimecamelexception [edit]

Hi Rex,

If your modem's SIM card has a PIN, the modem is not automatically connected until you have input the PIN number. Click on edit in the error message and type in the PIN of the SIM card. Once this is done, you should be able to have a successfully created connection.

Sorry it doesn't have a PIN. And I have successfully connected before but for whatever reason sometimes it doesn't, and I encounter the error message, I mentioned.

And even if it does connect, it takes so many number of tries before it creates a route successfully.

iam unable to save data into new group created as it automatically saves in the contacts.help

even afta saving in contacts, the contact still cannot join the created group.

secondly, find it tedious to create so many groups for the same thing yet i would have made sub groups.

lastly, would like to import from excel, is it possible and if so how?

Hi Edwin,

You can add contacts to a group from the contacts page by checking the contacts you wish to add to the group, then select the group you would like to add them to from the "Add to group" dropdown. Ensure that you click on "Save all" button to add the contacts to the group.

As for sub-groups, this is a high-priority feature we are looking to build very soon and you will have updates when this is ready.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joy

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service