FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

FrontlineSMS stopped receiving messages using Samba 75 modem

Hello All

Sorry to bother you with this query. I've had a look on the Ning and see a few similar queries, but don't see one that answers it. Basically, FrontlineSMS has stopped receiving messages. We have had this problem before, and found that typically it happens because we have received a "too long" message. Until this weekend, taking the SIM card out, receiving "stuck" messages onto an ordinary handset, and reconnecting the SIM card, modem and switching FrontlineSMS on again clears the problem, however this trick has also stopped working.

Details - We currently:

- Run FrontlineSMS 1.6.16.3 on a Windows XP computer
- Use Samba 75 GSM modem
- SIM card is not pin protected
- SIM card is registered, has airtime and the window has not expired.

I can send and receive messages from that SIM card just fine when it's in a handset.

I can send messages from the SIM card to a handset using FrontlineSMS.

I have:
- popped sim card in and out a few times
- disconnected modem and reconnected
- connected modem to another usb
- switched computer on and off
- uninstalled and reinstalled frontlinesms

Nothing seems to have resolved this issue.

Aside from FrontlineSMS, I haven't un/installed any software lately or used new hardware, upgraded anything dramatic etc - so I'm not too sure where the problem has come from.

For interest sake, I do wonder if it is at all connected to the recent introduction of MMS in Zimbabwe - This came around December last year, and I have noticed since then we periodically get strange codes into the FrontlineSMS system - I think maybe they are multimedia messages frontline doesnt know what to do with. Could there be any correlation between a "stuck" multimedia message / changed network setting and this non-delivery into FrontlineSMS?

We use FrontlineSMS quite a bit to process subscriber feedback, requests, information etc so it would be great to get any tips on how to fix this. My current work around is to leave it in the modem for a while, where I can hear it getting messages through the speaker, they just don't make it to FrontlineSMS. then periodically I plug the sim card into my handset, because using Nokia PC Suite I can export messages. But this isn't the best solution, clearly.

So, any tips or tricks welcome. Let me know if you need to know anything else to help.

Thanks so much,
Amanda

Tags: 75, gsm, help, modem, receiving, samba, stop

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paul

Thanks for your patience on this. I've just emailed you some further information on this issue, and I hope we can get your system running smoothly again as soon as possible.

Best

Flo

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service