FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

General questions about Datetime stamp and deleting forms from a phone

I am testing out FrontlineSMS for a tracking system of antimalarial drugs in Uganda.  I have just a couple of general questions about the use.

1. Is it possible to have a datetime stamp on a form?  When I receive a form from the field, I have no idea when the form was received.  If not, is there a workaround for this?  I could add date and time fields on the form and get the user to enter the information, but that leaves a lot of room for errors and is a lot of extra work for the end user.

2. Is it possible to delete a form from the phone?  I have uploaded several test forms but would now like to delete them.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Geoff

Thanks for your message. In quick response:

1. There is no automatic date/time stamp on a Form unfortunately. The "Messages" tab gives dates and times of received messages but it's not easy to determine where these come from and/or what Forms they are. Adding automatic date/time stamps is something we could do in future, but we have no immediate plans to make changes to the Forms client right now.

2. Sadly there is no way of deleting Forms on the phone. You'll have to remove the client which should then remove all application data. Again, deleting Forms is something we're looking at possibly adding at some point in the future.

Sorry these aren't the answers you're looking for.

Ken

Thanks Ken,

Getting the date and time a message was received is quite important for me.  To get around this, I was thinking of using Keywords to open an Access database and then insert the data received.  Is this possible?  If so, I could just add a datetime stamp in the Access table.

If this is possible, could you point me in the right direction - mainly, how do I capture the data from a message and use that data to insert a record into an Access database.

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Unfortunately Forms cannot trigger keywords - only regular SMS can do that. So this isn't going to be an option for you. I'll have a think if there are any other options, but if the date/time is important for you (and you can't get people to send in the data using standard SMS) then this might not work for you, sadly.

Ken

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service