FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

I got a huawei E160 locked to SafariCom Kenya. Seems to work with Frontline for Sending, but I can't receive. Your docs recommend E-series Huawei modems (http://www.frontlinesms.com/resources/requirements/) -- has anyone else found difficulty receiving SMS?

Tags: E160, huawei

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops- looks like I got it working. Took over 5 minutes to cycle back the SMS test recv.

Another note: When setting up Frontline SMS on Windows 7, you need to first load the SafariCom, Orange, Yu, Airtel, or MTN modem software so you can enter your PIN for the SIM card and confirm that the hardware works with your network. Then Second, close that software, disconnect from the Internet, and load Frontline SMS software. I have orange and safaricom on this PC and had to fight orange repeatedly from trying to take over control of the modem. If another competing software is in memory, FLSMS probably won't work.

(dunno if the documentation is very clear on this point)

Hi Marc

Well done on getting round this. One of the bigger challenges for us are the number of external factors that can stop FrontlineSMS working. The problem you faced, with another program running and taking the port/messages, is covered in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "Help" files.

Best of luck out there!

Ken

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service