FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hi!

I have just downloaded v 1.6.16.1 and have opened the Forms tab.

When I try to open a "New" form I get an error message

class java.lang.NullPointerException :: null
 at net.frontlinesms.plugins.forms.ui.PropertiesTable.<init>(PropertiesTable.java:45)

etc.....

Any suggestions?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Andrew

Was there a previous version of FrontlineSMS on your computer? If so, you need to remove the configuration folder before running this version (a number of database changes have been made). You can find the location of the configuration folder in the "Help" menu.

One of our developers can chip in if they have any thoughts, else let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Ken
Hi Andrew,

this is a good idea indeed.
But before doing this, try the 1.6.16.3 version, it might fix your issue.
Click here to download it.

If this doesn't fix your issue, do as Ken said, but think about saving this particular folder, as it contains your database (might prevent losing all your data for nothing ;)).

Best of luck,

Morgan
Hi Morgan -

I decided to employ both Ken's and your suggestions. I deleted everything including the configuration folder and started over with a new download of 1.6.16.3. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

Another question, however:

Is it possible to locate the jar/jad for a particular form you've created and load it to a phone using a USB cable?

(And, vice versa, find the data on the phone and download it to a laptop again with a cable connection?)

Thanks again,

Andrew
Hi Andrew

Isaac Holeman, one of the FrontlineSMS:Medic team, seemed to perfect a way of transferring the Form to phones via a cable. It was a bit of a fudge but it worked. You can seek him out in the "Members" section of the site here and send him a message if you like.

Good luck!

Ken
Hi, I've been having the same problem. I removed configuration folder and installed version 1.6.16.3 but still getting the null pointer exception error when trying to create a new form.

I'm still new to all this so maybe I overlooked something obvious. Any further help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service