FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Adam the new Intern at FrontlineSMS. One of the most difficult issues (that has come up all over the forum) is around finding the right phones and modems that work with FrontlineSMS. As a very small development team with a limited budget it is difficult to get our hands on as many phones as we would like to test. One of my first jobs here at FrontlineSMS has been to update and collect the list of phones that have been tested and discussed throughout Ning. 

As we continue to expand our list of phones we wanted to share the list we have collected so far and so I have been keeping all of the information in a Google doc. Feel free to view it here, but keep in mind it is a work in progress. I have been conservative and have only included verified or expected connections. Essentially the phones on this list may work with other OS, even though they have not been tested.

This main page of phones is here: FrontlineSMS PhoneList
And you can see the full data set that powers this spreadsheet here.

Throughout the summer I want to keep updating and improving this list. To include all of the phones and modems that work, we really need your help. You, our users, have tested lots of phones in lots of different configurations and so we would like to compile that information here.

If you have a phone or modem that you have used in the field that isn't on our list please respond to this group. Let us know what OS you are using, what you used to connect the phone, any problems you encountered. With your help we can help to compile a growing list of phones 

Thanks,

Adam

Tags: compatability, modems, phones

Views: 1109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adam,

Here is a new install with latest equipment.

FLSMS Rocks!

I have a new install running on new equipment that is flawless!

Modem At&T USB "Velocity" (Option 461 built it) running At&T BBservice with Text added.

The program will go into more testing in a few days and I will report back how it behaves after a few days.
Great! :]
Correction:

Rather than using At&T Broadband, I am using a Go Phone PRepaid sim. This Sim has ONLY Unlimited Text, no phone service. This is costing $19.99/ month.

If you purchase a Go Phone, it may have a subsidy of a few dollars of free service. This will Lock the sim to the phone. You can call At&T and have them remove the free airtime and unlock the sim from the phone.

Note this NOT the traditional carrier lock. This lock mates the ONE sim to the phone.

Good Luck everyone.
Update,

Went to At&t store to get a new sim. Told them I already had a gophone and just needed a new sim as I was moving and needed a number where I was moving to.

They gave me the sim as long as I put $25 credit onto it. I asked about carrier subsidy locks and they assured me that the new sim would not have the subsidy lock as I was not purchasing a subsidized phone.

I plan to test the new sim in a day or so and will update when that occurs.
Has anyone tried connecting the Motorola krzr k1?
I used the Nokia 6230 with FLSMS 1.6.13 successfully in Mozambique a couple of weeks ago (Maputo and Nampula) with the SAMBA75 (Siemens MC75) GSM modem.
Hi, here's an update:

unlocked Motorola L7
FrontlineSMS 1.6.16.1
Windows XP

It seems to be working fine for both sending and receiving.
Thanks, Gordon!
Hi everyone, I'm using a Sony Ericsson w610i phone, and I managed to get the frontline forms running on it. However, once I sent the form to the phone and tried to retrieve it I got this error: "An unknown error occurred while handling this request: -32784:0 FIRST_Local_code:-32768 First_local_error_code:-32773" i'm unsure what that means, can you please help me by explaining what I can do to fix this.
Thank you! Dalia

Hi Dalia,

is it displayed on your mobile phone or in FrontlineSMS?

I'd suggest you uninstall and reinstall the FrontlineForms application, its forms maybe being not sync with FrontlineSMS anymore.

Best,

Morgan

Hi Dalia

If this problem continues, could you post your question to another Forum entry which deals with FrontlineForms queries? Or start a new one? This thread is about supported phones and modems. =)

Thanks!

Ken

Using FLSMS 1.6.16.3 on Windows XP. 

Motorola Milestone (running Android 2.1). 

Connects to FLSMS and sends but does not receive SMS.

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service