FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Our NGO (working in Tamale, Ghana) is new to FrontlineSMS, but we can see a lot of potential. Unfortunately, we have a very practical problem - it is as if FrontlineSMS is unable to connect to the MTN modem we are using. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lene,

Thanks for getting in touch about this, and sorry to hear you've been having problems with your modem connection. Not all modems are compatible with FrontlineSMS - you can find a list of devices the team has tested on our website. However, it may be that you just need to do some troubleshooting with the modem you currently have in order to get it connected. You could try running through the troubleshooting section of our help files and the suggestions in this guide on our website, too.

If you continue to have problems with this please let us know, and we'll do our best to help.

All the Best

Flo

Hello, Lene.

I just happen to be here in Ghana trying to figure out how to get FrontlineSMS working, too :)

Here's a key bit of information (if you don't already know it): the SIM you have in your modem may only be configured for data/Internet, not voice & SMS! I figured this out by swapping the the SIM back & forth between the modem & my phone, trying all three functions in both.

What did I do? I went to the MTN store & asked them to configure the SIM for voice & SMS, too. The agent said they couldn't do that so I just bought a new SIM and said I was going to use it for my phone to make calls & send text messages. I put the new SIM in the modem & that did the trick!

I hope that makes sense & that it helps you get up & running...

James

Hi James and Lene

James - Thank you very much for your helpful input here!

Lene - I hope this information helps you with getting started. Please feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Thanks

Flo

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service