FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

I just got Frontline working and it is sending out messages easily (and fast), but is not showing any messages that it received. I know the modem is working fine b/c I also have the 3G Watcher open (that installed automatically with the modem) and the received messages are showing up there. Does it just take awhile for Frontline to show the received messages? If I can't view received messages fast, I think the "keywords" functions would not work as well...

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sarah

This is a fairly common problem - I'd say with 99% certainty that your 3G Watcher application is picking up incoming SMS before FrontlineSMS gets to them, and is removing them in the process. Stop 3G Watcher completely, or stop it from removing messages after it's read them, and I think you'll find FrontlineSMS picks them up.

Let me know if this solves it for you. As I say, it's almost certainly what's happening.

Ken
Hi Ken,

I'm also sure that you're right, I just can't figure out how to get the 3G watcher to stop it from removing messages. I can't turn it off completely b/c unless it's on, I also can't send messages. I think I just need to play around with this for a bit until it works. I'll let you know once I get it going, any tips you may have are appreciated (sorry I'm so not tech-savvy!).
Alright, I guess I spoke too soon! I changed the setting so the 3G watcher doesn't start automatically when I insert in the modem. I thought FrontlineSMS didn't work without it, but I was able to get it to detect the modem manually (instead of automatic) and was able to connect without having to go through the 3G watcher thing. Was able to send AND receive message using that. Hooray! Look forward to putting this into practice.
Well done! Glad it worked. Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how your project goes.

Ken. \o/
Hi sarah. Glad it worked too!

Just a little word on the automatic detection. Wasn't it working that way? Did you switch to a manual connection to avoid the 3G watcher to be launched? There is usually no need to try a manual connection, unless you're experiencing problems with the device handlers.
I guess you can try again in automatic mode, and it should be easier for you :-)

Hope I didn't confuse you unnecessarily (otherwise, just ignore my message)! :-)

Best,
Morgan
No worries, you're right. At first I was doing manual b/c I thought Frontline was having a hard time finding the modem without the 3G watcher being on, but I tried out the automatic thing a while later and it worked fine (I just had to be patient and wait for it). Thanks for checking up on it!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service