Some of you might know I've developed and deployed a domestic violence crisis system based on SMS here in Oklahoma. So far, the system has been working well but the agency is less than cooperative in sharing information about the system with outsiders due to perceived security concerns. So I've decided to develop a complete 'turnkey' DV solution that I'll package up and distribute to anyone who wants it.
The system will:
1. Allow the easy reporting of abuse events through the SMS system.
2. Provide heavy encryption of stored data to maintain privacy and integrity
3. All victims to summon police help by SMS if needed
4. Provide a court admissible record of all recorded abuse events and their times/dates
5. Allow two way 'chat' via SMS between a crisis worker and a victim
6. Allow victims to get quick information about domestic violence and support options
I'm sure there's going to be more needed so I'm asking you, the community, what would YOU like or need in a good DV crisis system? Your input is greatly appreciated!