FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hello, 

I would like to know how automatically send sms to the "other phone number"  of each contact? I would be very grateful if someone helps me in this matter.

Thx in advance

Julien

Tags: number, other, phone, second

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Julien

It's only possible to send SMS to the main contact number at the moment. The "other" number is an alternative for other contact purposes. Sorry about that.

Ken

Thank you for your answer. So I think I need to export all my contacts and create a second person with the same name and the second phone number and import these new contacts.

Julien

Hi Julien,

That would work, although you may need to make the names slightly different for the duplicate contacts.

Alex

Hey, guys :)

Actually, you definitely need to make the names different. At least in 1.6.16.3 (the version I'm working w/right now in Ghana). I've been banging my head against the wall for the last hour to trying to figure out why I couldn't send a message to the second entry for someone! Good thing I was here & able to interpret the Java error--most won't be able to do the same.

Any chance you could change that bug/feature? I imagine it would involve creating the unique index for the Contact record out of the Name and the Mobile Number together. Just a thought...

Hey James! 

Nice to hear from you here on the forum, and appreciate your comments here. Thanks for the feature suggestion, which I will pass onto Alex and the developer team.

Cheers

Flo

Hey James

What Java error was that? We're all confused over here in sunny Nairobi.

L

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service