FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hello everyone,

I am testing the FrontlineSMS at the moment and wonder if the following scenario is possible using this software:

1. User sends in keyword, for example "water".

2. FrontlineSMS sends relevant message back regarding water safety, etc.

3. FrontlineSMS sends another message after couple minutes with additional information related to the first message. 

I know that if the first message is large, it will be divided into two or three messages, so this would be one way to do it but I would like to have more control over timing when the second message is sent.

Is there a way to accomplish this task in FrontlineSMS?

Thanks.

Tags: message, messages, multiple, second, timing

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the FrontlineSMS forum! \o/

In answer to your question, I don't think this is currently possible with FrontlineSMS. There are other ways you could approach sharing additional information. As you say, its possible to set the auto-reply to just be a longer message. You could also set up the auto-reply to ask the sender if they want additional information, and then set up another keyword for this, so senders can opt-in to the additional information they are receiving. (With this latter approach you would need to consider costs for those texting into your system, and how to incentivise this).

Please let us know if you need further information, and I look forward to hearing more about your use of FrontlineSMS as it progresses.

Thanks

Flo 

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service