We are doing a field test with rural indigenous communities in Guatemala to support the collection of medical inventory data via mobile (replacing a really slow paper version that exists now). We are using Forms, so need to stick with version 22.214.171.124. However - I've scoured the forms and web but am having no luck getting FLSMS to detect the modem.
I'm testing the system here in the US to begin - and will have a team in Guatemala replicate it with local equipment. For here, I have a T-Mobile GSM Modem they call the Rocket, which is a ZTE MF591. I got that connecting to the network using the T-Mobile software, but no luck with FLSMS. When I try to auto-detect phones I get the standard message in the subject line. I've checked that the T-Mobile software is not running and nothing else should be blocking the port. My list of Non-working Devices looks like this:
and the alert is as follows:
We're pressed for time as we're going out to the field in a week and want to have this basic field test in place, so any help would be great appreciated.
Thanks so much!
good news! i got the modem connected. i had found another post about changing the permissions of /var/lock/ but the lock directory is not in OSX Lion. So - I found this tip someone had used for a related project with Arduino, do the following in terminal:
Create the / var / lock
sudo mkdir / var / lock
After creating a folder there to give permission for anyone to write to the folder for that run
sudo chmod 777 / var / lock
To be sure - I then found the Lock directory and viewed the Info on the dir (CMD-I) and set the permissions to read and write for everyone.
That did it!
I also changed a system file name to get the TMobile Software connecting - which may or may not be needed (it didn't fix it on it's own):
sudo mv /opt/dplat/lib/libsqlite3.dylib /opt/dplat/lib/libsqlite3.orig
Glad you finally got FrontlineSMS working. If you need further help, please keep in touch,