FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Unable to set up an email account: "impossible to connect to server"

Greetings,

I have just joined the FLSMS community and was able to work my way through some of the issues faced by reveiwing some of the discussions.  However the one hurdle that I have been unable to overcome is setting up an email account...I've also tried setting up an alternative email addess in gmail as recommended in one of the discussions. 

Our systems admin person has also failed...we have pinged and telneted to no avail.   Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

James

Tags: Unable, account:, an, email, impossible to connect to server, set, to, up

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi James

If you check out the "Help" files for the section on email, there are some settings for Gmail. Although you might not want to actually use a Gmail account, if you have one (or want to quickly set one up) using these settings will at least prove whether or not FrontlineSMS is properly working. If it is, then the problem is obviously with your regular account settings somewhere.

Let us know how you get on!

Ken

Greetings Ken,

Thanks for your prompt response.. I say the discussion for setting up Gmail using the following;

smtp.googlemail.com

server port 465

******@gmail.com

Password:  ********

Still receive message:  Impossible to connect to server

Message Details: Exception reading responsejava.net SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.

I see several others had the same problem but there were able to connect via gmail; I am not so lucky.

James

Hi James,

if you're trying to connect to GMail using the IMAP protocol, then the port number should be 993 instead of 465.

SSL should be activated as well for GMail accounts.

Hope that helps.

Morgan

Morgan,

Thanks, I didn't activate the SSL.  Working fine now.

James

Brilliant! \o/

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service