FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

Hi all,

There have been many interesting uses of FrontlineSMS in Cambodia, and I've recently been in touch with a few new users based in Cambodia, too. In Phnom Penh there is a new FrontlineSMS user named Sophie who would like to coordinate a user meet-up where she's based, so I thought I'd start a new discussion here to see how many people would be interested in attending?

Meet-ups can be really valuable to share experiences and lessons learned among the community of FrontlineSMS users in your area. If you'd be interested in attending a meet-up in Phnom Penh then please reply to this discussion or contact me directly via florence[at]frontlinesms[dot]com. Further details to follow as plans firm up.

Thanks! \o/

Flo

Tags: Cambodia, Penh, Phnom, community, meet-up, users

Views: 199

Replies to This Discussion

hello everyone,

and thank you very much Florence for starting this new discussion thread. I'm Sophie, a new FrontllineSMS user, based here in Phnom Penh. I would definitely be very interested to meet some of you and learn from your experiences using FrontlineSMS.

I arrived in Cambodia one month ago and I'm here to implement a SMS reporting system for post vaccine adverse reactions in people at a vaccination center. I will also implement this system to report animal mortality and some animal diseases in some provinces. As I said, it would be great to meet many of you. I look forward to hearing from you,

Sophie

Hi,

I'm at Pact in Phnom Penh and I and my colleagues have been using Frontline Forms to monitor community forestry patrols since September.  I'd be glad to meet up sometime to share experience. 

Cheers,

Amanda

hi Amanda,

Thank you very much for your reply. Meeting up would be a great idea. I don't know yet if anyone else will be interested, but maybe we can start thinking about a time and place?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

I could meet up sometime early next week.  Maybe you can send me an e:mail at abradley@pactworld.org so we can decide the time and place?  My colleague here might also like to join and we can also consider inviting Media One / Equal Access which has used FrontlineSMS extensively. 

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

That's perfect, I'll email you right now.

Have a nice day,

Sophie

We at MEDIA One/Equal Access Cambodia wouldmbe interested in joining the group. Please let us know when and where.

hi,

we are meeting up at Pact Office at 2pm on Tuesday 14th of February. I look forward to meeting you all,

Sophie

Hi all,

Great to see this meet-up come together! \o/

I will share this via Twitter and on our website events calendar (http://www.frontlinesms.com/press/events/) just in case any other users based in Phnom Penh are able to make it along on Tuesday. I hope that this meeting is useful for you all, and that this could be the first of future meetings, too - please do let us know how it goes!

Thanks

Flo

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you very much Florence for following up on this.

We had our first meeting in Phnom Penh, and it was very helpful to hear each other experiences using Frontline. Our next meeting will be on Monday 23rd of April. I hope more Frontline users will be able to attend.

Thanks again everyone for attending and Amanda for organizing it. I look forward to seeing you again.

Sophie

when the meet ups in the Philippines will happen..Looking forward. :)

See you at Manila, Philippines..

Hi Kram,

Great to hear you'd be interested in a user meet-up in the Philippines! \o/ User meet-ups are supported by the FrontlineSMS team, but generally organised by those using FrontlineSMS where the meeting is taking place. So, if you'd like to help to organise a FrontlineSMS user meet-up in the Philippines please let me know (either here on the forum or via emailing me at florence[at]frontlinesms[dot]com) and I will do my best to help!

Thanks

Flo

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service