FrontlineSMS

FrontlineSMS let users send, receive and manage SMS over a mobile network.

A message for all those experienced or interested in using FrontlineSMS in a radio station context: FrontlineSMS is collaborating with the Centre of Governance and Human Rights at the University of Cambridge to develop and design a FrontlineSMS platform tailored to the needs of community radio stations.

Our broad aim is to provide stations with an easy-to-use, accessible, low cost tool that will enhance two-way interactivity with their listening audience. Greater levels of audience feedback to inform programme content, texting questions or comments contributing to on-air discussions, and polling public opinion are some of the functions FrontlineSMS:Radio will offer. But radio stations may find a vast array of uses beyond this, which is what makes the development of FrontlineSMS:Radio very exciting.

Working alongside Developing Radio Partners and Internews, we have a fantastic group of community and small commercial radio stations trialling the original FrontlineSMS platform. Through the project community site, they are discussing how it works, how they use it, and how it could be adapted for radio station use. This will shape the design and development of the Beta FrontlineSMS:Radio which will be rolled out mid 2011.

We are keen to hear thoughts, ideas, and experiences from those who have used FrontlineSMS with a radio focus. How you used it or ways it could be built to serve the needs of radio stations more effectively.

I look forward to hearing from you!

\~/

Tags: Radio

Views: 194

Replies to This Discussion

HI Karim,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I'm now taking a external role in the project (being based out of Paris now).  I had set up our research project's blueprint and others are now implementing it.

The woman who is determining who we are working with, etc, is Cindy Chungong and can be reached at cindy.chungong@gmail.com.  Pls correspond with her for any additional inquiries, as I'm not sure which radio stations they've decided to work with.

My regards,

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for this. As you will see above, I'm leaving the project to go traveling across India on the 3rd February. It definitely won't be Paris, but I'm sure Delhi will have it's own charms!

It's a shame to be saying goodbye to FrontlineSMS:Radio now but the project is being left in good hands with a more than capable individual taking my place.

Once again, thanks so much for sharing all your FLSMS feedback. It was so informative and played a big part in helping to write the spec.

Best of luck with your own work and I hope SFCG and FrontlineSMS:Radio connect in the future.

Kind regards,

Karim

Hello, Karim !

go today your direct message... tks. So keep me updated soon... hope I do not need to wait too long the management of your project team is back from holidays soon :-)

Regards

promotion initiative IMC - India meets Classic

- ElJay Arem -

(IMC OnAir - IMCRadio.Net)

Don't worry Eljay. After the bank holiday, the FrontlineSMS:Radio team will be firing all cylinders. Will keep you posted over the coming days and weeks.

Best wishes,

Karim

Hi All,

I would be incredibly grateful if you could spare a couple of minutes to fill out our survey for those using FrontlineSMS at local or community radio stations. It's part of our final push to capture your experiences and ideas to incorporate into the design and development of FrontlineSMS:Radio before it goes to the software development team in the next couple of months (very exciting indeed!).

Radio station personnel, as well as those working with radio stations, who have been using FrontlineSMS are all more than welcome to take the survey (it would be great if the latter could let me know your relationship to the radio stations in the additional comments at the end).

http://survey.frontlinesms.com/q/fillsurvey.php?sid=6

Many thanks,

Karim

Dear All,

I'm writing my final message to the FrontlineSMS community in my role as FrontlineSMS:Radio Communications. On the 3rd February I am off traveling round India for a few months and will be leaving FrontlineSMS:Radio to be driven forward by the very capable FrontlineSMS/ Centre of Governance and Human Rights project leaders.

I just want to say a big thank you to all those who spared the time to discuss FrontlineSMS in the radio station, and for playing such a major part in its development. I think we have laid the foundations for the construction of something that will provide real use and value to community radio stations around the world.

I look forward to seeing things progress!

Many thanks,

Karim \~/

We're all looking forward to the new release! Thanks for your work on making it happen, Karim.

RSS

© 2014   Created by FrontlineSMS Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service